Greta Aronson, Licensed Professional Counselor doing business as State of Mind Kansas City, LLC (SOMKC) maintains high standards for the protection of privacy online. The purpose of this statement is to explain what information we obtain, how it is used, and how visitors can restrict its use or disclosure.
The only information SOMKC obtains about visitors to our website is information supplied voluntarily by the visitor. This means that you can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web server recognizes which pages people visit on our site; a visitor's identity is not revealed.
SOMKC collects information from you only when you register on our website as a member, sign up to be on our mailing list, purchase products or offerings, and/or respond to a survey. Before purchasing a product or offering, you will be asked to provide certain pieces of information such as your name, email, occupation, address, date of birth, and credit card.
Your information may be used in the following ways:
1. To modify offerings to better meet your training needs.
2. To improve our customer service.
3. To process transactions that you initiate. Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
4. To administer a survey, promotion, or other site feature.
5. To send periodic emails related to your orders. If you opt-in to our emailing list you may also receive emails related to new courses, products, or promotions.
Additionally, SOMKC implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Specifically, we offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database, only to be accessed by those authorized (who are legally required to keep the information confidential) .
SOMKC will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.